North End Music & Performing Arts Center (NEMPAC).
About NEMPAC: The North End Music & Performing Arts Center (NEMPAC) is a 501(c)(3) community music school and professional performing arts center founded in 2001. We exist to enrich Charlestown, the North End, and surrounding Boston neighborhoods with accessible, high-quality music education and programming programs. We believe the arts are an expression of our shared humanity.
- We believe the arts are an antidote to stress, a source of comfort and hope, and an innate connection builder.
- We believe the arts transform a neighborhood into a community.
Positioned at the intersection of arts education and performance, we empower artists of all ages and abilities, and in doing so, strengthen our neighborhoods into unified communities.
Accessibility is the drumbeat of our organizational song. We define accessibility as the creation of opportunities for all to experience the transformative power of the arts. One of the ways we create opportunities is through youth scholarships.
What we offer at CWT:
- Private music instruction on Mondays and Saturdays in piano, voice, guitar, and ukulele
- To inquire about lessons, please email email@example.com or submit an inquiry form HERE
- Kids Music Theatre Class from 4:30 – 5:20 p.m. for grades K1 – 1 (ages 4 – 6) on Wednesdays
- Music Theatre Intermediate Class from 5:30 – 6:20 p.m. for grades 2 – 3 (ages 7 – 8) on Wednesdays
- We will open registration for our Winter session of these classes on Monday, November 8th. To register, families can click HERE.
- CWT/NEMPAC Music Theatre Troupe: Holiday Show
- In collaboration with the Charlestown Working Theater, the annual holiday show brings together up to 40 students each Fall! This year is a double feature, featuring two one-act productions all in one night: “The Snow Queen” and “King John”. Performances are the first two weekends in December. Students work on music and a script developed and written by the artistic team. Stay tuned for ticket details in November and be sure to check back in July for details on the Fall 2022 production.
50 Tileston St. Boston, MA 02113